Monday, April 11, 2011

Courting Miss AmselI really enjoyed reading "Courting Miss Amsel." This story is set in the 1800s which happens to be one of favorite time periods. Edythe was finally free from her old life. She didn't have to be a mother to her siblings and father any more. She traveled to Walnut Hill where she got a teaching job. She stayed with her landlady Mizz Kinsley. She was one of my favorite characters in this story! A more mature woman in years and she feared the Lord. She speaks to Edythe Amsel a lot about depending on God and praying. Although this is sort of a romance novel, I didn't finish this book thinking of it as a romance. There is the love story involved, obviously, but trusting God seemed to be the main theme in this book. The best part of all is that Edythe does end up giving her life to God. I really do hope there is another story to follow with these characters. I want to know what happens with Joel, Edythe, and the boys!



I received this book from the wonderful folks at Bethany House for review. This is my opinion only :)

No comments:

Post a Comment