Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When the Soul Mends

When the Soul Mends, Sisters of the Quilt Series #3   -             By: Cindy Woodsmall      When I first received "When the Soul Mends" by Cindy Woodsmall, I noticed it was part 3 of a book series called Sisters of the Quilt. I did the smart thing and ordered part 1 and 2 (When the Heart Cries & When the Morning Comes) from Amazon.com for a fairly decent price. I didn't want to read Book 3 without the whole beginning of this story. I HIGHLY recommend reading the first two books! Since I only received this book for review I will talk about Book 3.

Hannah Lapp gets a call from her sister, who is suffering from a mental illness. She decides to go back to her Old Order Amish community that she fled from 2 1/2 years earlier. 

During the past 2 years she gained a new family to take care of and new responsibilities with work and school. When she returns to Owl's Perch, she is confronted with her past and everything that has happened since she left. Through the series she struggles with what God is doing and what He can do. In the end she finds healing and is able to forgive those who have wronged her. I don't think the series could have ended any better. Honestly, it's hard to review this story without giving too much away so I will stop there. Great series to read!










I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for review. This is my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment